Who is Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson?
Well renowned professional wrestler, actor, and entrepreneur Dwayne “The Rock” Douglas Johnson was born on May 2, 1972. He was born in the city of Hayward, California where he grew up as the grandson of a professional wrestler, Johnson grew up constantly taking delight in his father’s fearless performances in the ring. With no plans of following in his father’s footsteps; Dwayne Johnson played college football at the University of Miami where he studied and was very successful until an unfortunate back injury cost him a spot in the NFL.
The Rock had a famous feud with talented wrestler Steve Austin and won the WWF Heavyweight title over six times. Johnson then transformed his wrestling fame into a film career, appearing in big projects like ‘The Mummy Returns’ and ‘Tooth Fairy’.
Recent estimation according to Forbes, place Dwayne Johnson’s Net Worth at about $220 Million. Yes! $220 Million! And according to Forbes’ record, less than 21 celebrities across all industries earned more money than The Rock between June 2016 and June 2017.
In fact, when compared with other actors, Mark Wahlberg was the only one who earned more that year. However, in 2016 Johnson was deemed the highest earned actor in the whole world, doubling his earnings with a payday of $64.5 million in 2015.
The Rock embarked on a successful acting career outside of wrestling, simply going by his birth name ‘Dwayne Johnson’. He quickly rose to fame in the movie industry playing the role the Scorpion King in ‘The Mummy Returns’ (2001). He also ventured comedy, appearing in shows like;’Be Cool with John Travolta and Uma Thurman'(2005) and ‘The Game Plan’ (2007).
Dwayne Johnson’s acting career seemed to like it wasn’t coming to halt with his appearances in movies like ‘Driver’ (2010) and ‘Fast & Furious 6’ (2013).
He was ‘the most famous strongmen of all time’ in the movie ‘Hercules’ and still managed to return to wrestling from time to time, including a huge 2014 appearance with Hulk Hogan and Stone Cold Steve Austin at the legendary ‘Wrestle Mania 30’.
With the wit of a gentleman, the drive of a gremlin and untainted unhindered confidence, you could be the next self-made icon.
Here are some of his quotes to inspire the driving force in you to take action and guide you on your journey to greatness.
20 Powerful Dwayne Johnson Quotes to Motivate You
1. “Success begins with self-discipline. It starts with you!” – Dwayne Johnson
2. “Never be afraid to be ambitious about your goals. Hard work never stops and neither should your dreams.” – Dwayne Johnson
3. “Grind hard, shine Hard!” – Dwayne Johnson
4. “I like to use the hard times of the past to motivate me today.” – Dwayne Johnson
5. “Not only do I think being nice and kind is easy, but being kind, in my opinion is very important.” – Dwayne Johnson
6. “One of the most important things you can accomplish is just being yourself.” – Dwayne Johnson
7. “The first step to achieving your goal, is to take a moment to respect your goal. Know what it means to you and how to achieve it.” – Dwayne Johnson
8. “That wall you meet has your success right on the other side. But you can’t jump over it or go around it. You must simply know what to do.” – Dwayne Johnson
9. “There is no substitute for hard work. Always be humble and hungry.” – Dwayne Johnson
10. “Wake up determined. Go to bed satisfied.” – Dwayne Johnson
11. “We do today what they won’t, so tomorrow we accomplish what they can’t.” – Dwayne Johnson
12. “When life puts you in touchy situations, don’t say “Why Me?” Just say “Try Me.”” – Dwayne Johnson
“I like to use the hard times of the past to motivate me today.” –Dwayne Johnson “The Rock”
13. “When you walk up to opportunities door, don’t knock on it… Kick it in, smile and introduce yourself.” – Dwayne Johnson
14. “With drive and a bit of talent, you can move mountains.” – Dwayne Johnson
15. “You don’t need the right directions, just point yourself to the top and go!” – Dwayne Johnson
16. “ The devil should be thinking: “Aww damn, they’re up!” every morning your feet touch the ground. – Dwayne Johnson
17. “If something stands between you and your success – move it. Never be denied.” – Dwayne Johnson
18. “I had only $7 with me in my pocket in the year 1995 but i knew two things then; I’m broke as hell, and one day I won’t be.” – Dwayne Johnson
19. “Success at anything will always come down to this: focus and effort. And we control both.” – Dwayne Johnson
20. “Success isn’t always about ‘Greatness’, it’s mainly about consistency. When hardwork is put in consistently,success follows. Greatness will yet come .” – Dwayne Johnson’
“It’s simple. Just do it.”– Dwayne Johnson