Denzel Washington is one of Hollywood’s finest, most beloved and respected names in the movie industry. He is known as a highly talented actor with decades-long experience which has transitioned him from several breathtaking roles to the another. An American actor, director, and producer who has received three Golden Globe awards for his incredible performance, a Tony Award, and two Academy Awards: Best Supporting Actor for the historical war drama film Glory and Best Actor for his role as a corrupt cop in the crime thriller Training Day.
It wasn’t always a straight line of success for the son of a Pentecostal minister and a beauty shop owner from the Bronx. Going through a rough childhood, Washington struggled through much of his schooling, falling drastically in university that they suggested he “takes a break.” As he said in his words-“I was flunking out of college”.
Rather than chicken out, he persevered, pushed through, never gave up, until he became one of the most famous and respected faces of Hollywood today.
Here are 25 Most Inspiring Denzel Washington Quotes Ever, I hope will inspire you to achieve greatness;
1. “Dreams without goals remain dreams.” Denzel Washington
2. “Fall forward!” Denzel Washington.
3. “I’d be more frightened by not using whatever abilities I’d been given. I’d be more frightened by procrastination and laziness.” Denzel Washington
4. “In any profession, it gets to be a grind.” Denzel Washington
5. “I never really had the classic struggle. I had faith.” Denzel Washington
6. “Don’t be afraid to think outside the box. Don’t be afraid to fail big, to dream big.” Denzel Washington
7. “You only live once so do what you feel passionate about” Denzel Washington“Goals on the road to achievement cannot be achieved without discipline and consistency.” Denzel WashingtonClick To Tweet
8. “There is a lot of joy to be found in reflecting upon your experiences as you work towards your dreams. Learn to laugh at your failures, smile at your wins and don’t be afraid to laugh at yourself.” Denzel Washington
9. “I say luck is when an opportunity comes along and you’re prepared for it.” Denzel Washington
10. “At the end of the day, it’s not about what you have or even what you’ve accomplished. It’s about what you’ve done with those accomplishments. It’s about who you’ve lifted up, who you’ve made better. It’s about what you’ve given back.” Denzel Washington
11. “Dreams are great. In fact, dreams are necessary in life or no one would ever go anywhere! But a dream without a goal, and without action, has no opportunity to come true.” Denzel Washington
12. “Give other peoples opinions their right significance. Take advice if it is constructive, and learn from it. But do not build your life based around the opinions of others. Trust yourself and trust your choices.” Denzel Washington
13. “The chances you take, the people you meet, the people you love, the faith that you have. That’s what’s going to define you.” Denzel Washington
14. “I think a role model is a mentor – someone you see on a daily basis, and you learn from them.” Denzel Washington
15. “I say luck is when an opportunity comes along and you’re prepared for it.” Denzel Washington
16. “The only thing stopping you from achieving your dreams are the stories you keep telling yourself that you can’t. Don’t wait- act now. Regret nothing.” Denzel Washington
17. “Faith will get you to a point. Luck will get you to a point. But to achieve the kind of success you dream about, you need to WORK. There are no shortcuts, you can’t cheat life, just get to work and don’t stop until you reach your highest potential.” Denzel Washington
18. “Faith is the confidence, the assurance, the enforcing truth, the knowing.” Denzel Washington
19. “Never confuse movement with progress. Because you can run in place and not get anywhere.” Denzel Washington
20. “Never compromise on who you are. You are born with the capacity to achieve greatness if you so desire. Learning to say no is a critical element to accessing that greatness. Your choices will define you; so make them the right ones.” Denzel Washington
21. “When you do good, you get good! Fulfilment comes from serving others, not just hustling to serve yourself. On the path to success, there is always going to be an opportunity to help someone else be successful too. Take that opportunity, and be the kind of person who makes a difference in the lives of others.” Denzel Washington
22. “Put God first in everything you do. Everything that I have is by the grace of God, I understand that. It’s a gift. I didn’t always stick with Him, but He stuck with me.” Denzel Washington
23. “If you don’t fail, you’re not even trying.” Denzel Washington“In order to change your life, you must change your thoughts.” Denzel WashingtonClick To Tweet
24. “Nothing in life is worthwhile unless you take risks. Fall forward. Every failed experiment is one step closer to success.” Denzel Washington
25. “Life is a melting pot of knowledge and experience, both your own and that of everyone around you. Don’t be afraid to learn from others mistakes, and take bits of useful information or ideas that help you get better at what you do. Wisdom is there at your fingertips, use it.” Denzel Washington
Watch Denzel Washington’s inspiring speech on making a difference:
Conclusion from Quotes of Denzel Washington
Takeouts – Washington recognizes the reward for failing big and learning from mistakes an using them as fuel to success. His advice among all others is to not be afraid to learn from the mistakes of others and to never give up but to fall in the forward direction. Learn from these Highly Successful People Who Experienced Failure, learned from it, and used the lessons gained to transform their failures into great success.